My family loves when I break down and make pancakes. When we went paleo, it was one of the first things they wanted me to try and recreate for them. Without flour, how the heck is a person supposed to make these things? Surprise! It’s actually pretty simple to make delicious grain free pancakes that the whole family will love.
This recipe for banana chocolate chip pancakes is paleo friendly and very tasty! It is a kid and crowd pleaser. My recipe makes a family-sized batch, but it could easily be scaled up or down depending on how many you want to make. These refrigerate and freeze well if you have leftovers. We serve them with pure maple syrup or honey.
- 3 medium to large ripe bananas
- 9-10 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1-2 Tbsp ground flax meal
- chocolate chips (optional - use a brand with a high cocoa content or Enjoy Life makes a pale-friendly version)
- Preheat a large skillet to medium heat. If your pan is prone to sticking, you will likely need to use coconut oil or butter to oil it.
- Combine bananas, eggs, vanilla extract, and ground flax meal in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour the batter into small pancakes onto the skillet. When the pancakes start to look dry around the edges, sprinkle chocolate chips on them (optional), and flip them.
- About 10 seconds after you flip them, your pancakes will be ready! Place on a plate to cool.
- Repeat the process until you are out of pancake batter.
My kids love this paleo pancakes recipe more than traditional pancakes. We like to serve it with breakfast sausage or bacon and a small assortment of fruit. We rarely have leftovers, but when we do, they are highly coveted!
Breakfast is my family’s favorite meal of the day! This is a great way to change it up a little bit.
Are you interested in the paleo lifestyle? You might want to check out these paleo resources. It doesn’t have to be difficult or boring to eat this way. We’re in it for the long haul, so I hope that you’ll continue to join me on this blog to hear more about how to change your diet for optimal health and a lot more energy.
I hope to share more of my recipes with you of my favorite paleo foods that we make regularly. We love to eat chili and soup quite a bit.
What is your favorite paleo breakfast?