There are hundreds, even thousands, of Paleo resources out there. Doing a quick search can be overwhelming to say the least. I have narrowed down my favorites to share with you today to help make your Paleo Challenge run smoother!
When deciding to go paleo, it was important to me to understand why eating this way would be a good choice for me and my family. I spent hours researching it and came up with the following websites as my favorites. When you poke around, you’ll see why I chose them. I love clear, concise, well-researched information, and I expect that you likely do, too!
Scientific Info (The Hows and Whys)
- Paleo Diet Lifestyle – Paleo 101
- ThePaleoDiet.com – Getting Started With the Paleo Diet
- The 21-Day Sugar Detox *affiliate link*
- RobbWolf.com – What Is the Paleo Diet
- Paleo Diet Lifestyle (yes, again!) – What’s Wrong with Beans and Legumes?
- Mark’s Daily Apple – Starting Page
- ThePaleoMom.com – Paleo for Kids?
Once I decided that Paleo (or at least primal) was for me, the next set of paleo resources I immediately needed were recipes. I saw this huge list of foods I could no longer eat and this huge list of foods I was welcome to eat, and I became overwhelmed trying to wrap my mind around creating actual meals with these ingredients.
Without recipes, you’re just stuck with a list of plain ol’ healthy foods and no plan to make them interesting!
The following websites are my absolute favorites to check out when I need a delicious meal, a quick snack, or some drool-worthy inspiration to remind me that nourishing foods can be exceptionally tasty.
- PaleOMG (Best recipes out there – seriously)
- Just Eat Real Food on Facebook
- Elana’s Pantry
- My Pinterest boards (I have several great categories with amazing recipes!)
- Civilized Caveman Cooking Creations
- Paleo Table Meal Plans
- If you’re just not into putting together your own meal plans, you can click on my affiliate link for Emeals to check out Emeals Paleo Meal Plans. Keep in mind that a lot of times, they mention using olive oil in high heat situations and you could (should?) substitute coconut oil or animal fat instead, if you can.
Which Paleo Resources are your favorite?
I’d love for you to link to your favorite in the comments! Which one tops your list?