Easter is just around the corner, and these adorable bunny paw cookies make a colorful and cute treat that the whole family can enjoy. Once you have the ingredients together, they’re quick to whip up and will put a smile on everyone’s face.
Feel free to mix up the colors to whatever suits you the best. I personally think pink is the cutest choice for the cookies, but this recipe uses orange, blue, and yellow.
Bunny Paw Cookies
This recipe makes about 18 cookies. Remember, feel free to use any colors you want!
2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup (2 sticks) softened, room temperature butter
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 large eggs
1/4 cup Wilton white sparkling sugar sprinkles or your favorite coarse sugar crystals
1. Preheat oven to 350°.
2. Line a cookie/baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
3. In a medium mixing bowl, add the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Mix with a whisk to evenly distribute. Set aside.
4. In a large mixing bowl, add the butter and sugar. With an electric mixer on medium speed, cream until light and fluffy, or about 3 minutes.
5. Add the eggs, one at a time (continue on medium speed), and mix until well combined. Mix in the vanilla extract.
6. On low speed, add 1/4 of the dry ingredients and mix until well distributed. Continue to add flour, 1/4 cup at a time until all is mixed in and combined. Be sure to use a spatula and scrape the sides of the bowl to get all the flour mixed in.
7. Sprinkle some flour on a hard surface or cutting board and onto your hands. Place some of the dough on the hard surface and press down with your hands (or use a roller) to make the dough about 1/4 inch thick.
8. Using the egg-shaped cookie cutter, cut out egg shapes from the dough and place on parchment-lined cookie sheet. Repeat until all of the dough is used up.
9. Sprinkle each cookie with sugar sprinkles/coarse sugar crystals.
10. Bake in 350° preheated oven for exactly 10 minutes, being careful not to let them brown.
11. Let cookies cool in pan for one minute. While still warm, press a large Wilton colored candy melt into each cookie on the smaller end of the egg shape.
12. Transfer your cookies to a wire rack to completely cool.
13. Once cooled, pipe icing to make 3 dots on the larger end of each cookie to make the bunny toes.
14. Share with others and enjoy!
What is your favorite spring treat or Easter cookie?